Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Ice Dragon has passed.

And left a mess in it's wake.


Welp! Ice Dragon 2018 has come and gone and I feel like I ran a couple of marathons. I blame dehydration, not eating, lack of sleep, a lot of set up/break down work and fencing.

The heavy fighters were required to make some piece of artwork for their tourney, with crayons. For some reason, some fighters complained. They didn't want to draw something using crayons. A few of us fencers joined in in solidarity. The above is my entry. Scroll number green. I had offered it up as the tourney prize scroll, but... that didn't happen.

I acquired a new buckler and dagger, but didn't use them. I did manage to fence for an entire 90 minute tourney. Don Diego asked me if I would join him in some shenanigans and donate my points to the late THL Wolfgang Starke. The two of us, and one other fencer, made sure that Wolfgang won the tourney. 

Worth it.

I did better than I expected: winning about 1/3 of my bouts. And I did challenge Her Majesty of the East to a duel to the death. Her, with The Duchess ( a great sword that was as tall as her) ; me with The Great Gatsby (my great sword that's almost two feet shorter than The Duchess. I managed to kill Her Majesty (she's very fast) and only managed to fight three bouts with my two-hander. I don't use it often as I am trying to perfect my I.33 technique and the two-hander tends to throw my back out. Still, a good day.


On top of everything else, the weather was goofy. It started sleeting right at the end of court, and the weather was getting crappy to our north. The above is a picture taken near the end of court (I was loading Baronial stuff while the Laurel elevations were happening.






 This is my driveway when I got home a few hours later. Flippin' snow! In April! Flippin' Ice Dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment