Saturday, April 28, 2018

Paint By Numbers

Because I'm the Scribe. That's Why.

This is another version of Martin Bodmer, MS 127; the second I've done this year. Here is the other version.
While I was working on this version, I had a thought. Now, bear with me, but what if Stacy's mom was Jessie's girl?

Then I had another thought. The image is of a scribe painting an inhabited initial from inside of the initial, what if I were to do this exact same image only as a paint by numbers scroll?

Obviously, I'm going to keep this blank until I receive an assignment for a fellow scribe.


Deckster kept me company while I was working. He didn't try to help; he just curled up next to me and napped. Occasionally making noises that sounded like he wasn't impressed with my using both hands with painting and using zero hands petting him. But, he did get some belly rubs.

Cats notwithstanding, the point of this post is to show that as a scribe, I can do almost anything I wish. I am the scribe. If I want to change the colors of a medieval design; I am the scribe. If I want to use only part of an image; I am the scribe. I am not completely bound by the original image. Most of what I do is inspired by medieval images, but if I want to make changes, I am only constrained by my limited talent and good taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment