Thursday, May 5, 2016

I still don't think that I like it

My continuing experiments with pergamenta and gum arabic.



I'm still on the fence on pergamenta but I think that the issues I was having with the pigment were due to the gum arabic. I say this because once there is a dry layer of gouache on the pergamenta, the next layer of paint wouldn't be affected by any residual oils from the paper. Since the problem I was having was due to the layers rehydrating and sliding around, and since this was the first time I've used gum arabic, I think that that was the cause of my problems. Not only are the green, blue and black areas blotchy, but I had a hell of a time getting the white to stick to the gouache. I think that I will try this again, same design, same pigment, only without the gum arabic and see what I end up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment