Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I should have been doing something more productive

Anything more productive



Instead of packing, cleaning, yard work, laundry or anything useful, I knocked out this scroll over the last three days. It is on pergamenta and without any gum arabic. I had absolutely no purpose to make this scroll, other than that I wanted to do it. I think that it would make a nice writ for a pelican; if I ever get an assignment for one. 

Actually, for a writ, I would let someone else do the calligraphy. I am under no illusions that my handwriting is pretty, and a writ for a peerage should, should, be pretty.  I would be happy to come up with the wording. I promise that I won't hand over elebenty billion words.

While I am not so angry with pergamenta right now, the sheets I bought from John Neal are too big to fit onto my scanner. And, unfortunately, the copy of Picture Publisher that I was using on my old PC will not install on the new PC; too old for Windows 10. So, I either need to buy a more up to date version, learn to use Photoshop, or find an alternative image editor that will let me stitch together two separate images. And don't say Gimp: Gimp sucks and can't do simple things in an easy and logical way. Alternatively, I could learn to take a decent picture with my camera or phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment