Sunday, March 26, 2023

Ice Dragon 2023 part 2

After Ice Dragon report.

 
After a year of mad cheese science, it is done. The Edam Muenster has been slain. The fight was long, and we almost Adelost, but at the end, there was nothing left but de Brie. Many did not want to engage in violence but only did so for the greater Gouda. I couldn't have done it Provolone. Only three of its offspring survived, but they were captured and Feta'd in chains; they had no Chaource but to surrender. I will no longer engage in mad cheese science in Queso a new Muenster is created. This is the Whey.


It was a good day. 

My Mad Cheese Science project was entered into the Ice Dragon Grand Penthalon:

Applied Research: The overall work.
Literary Work: The main documentation and the poem that I created based on my recipe. (two entries)
Culinary Arts: Baking a butt-load of the cheese tarts.
Scribal Arts: My poem calligraphed on pergamenta in a hand similar to the hand used to write the original source.
Performance Arts: Me reciting my poem for the judges who will be standing in for the kitchen staff who might have heard the master chef recite it.

I won the categories of Applied Research, Literary Work, and Performance Arts.
And, I came in third place in the overall Pent. 


Plus, I received some great constructive criticism. From, suggestions how to make the coffins better to "You wrote your poem in rhyming couplets: did you realize that the examples are in the format of A-B-A-B-A?" 

No. No I did not. 

We live and learn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment