Sunday, January 3, 2016

I'm trying some new paper



I received two new scroll assignments for Kingdom and only had one sheet of Arches paper left on my block. So, I had to go out and brave the weather (it was cold and windy and I had to put on pants) and trek all the way out to Hyatt's. I was pleasantly surprised to find Fluid block paper available. My friend Zosia has been using this paper for a while and she likes it, but it was only available at the Hyatt's downtown store. Not the one I go to in Clarence. I like Arches paper blocks but at $55 a block, it's pricey. The Fluid blocks are a fraction of the cost and made in America. I picked up two different varieties on their 15 count, 140# hot pressed paper for less than one of the Arches 20 count blocks. I'll try them both and see if I like them as much as Arches. Perhaps this will motivate me to start cranking out scrolls, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment