Thursday, June 11, 2015

Kneel before Zod!

My continuing exploits of scroll blanks.... continues.

Here is another image from Royal I.33 (5v). I was inking it at scribal practice, the other night, and speaking with my fellow scribes. I think that I will fully document my procedure, with this scroll. I already have pictures of the pencil layout and the inking process. It will make a longish post (or several posts) but I think that if I take the time to document each step, I can do a better job of explaining what I'm doing.

I did pick up another block of Arches paper, as well as a couple more Micron pens: I keep wearing out the tips. I only have one more scroll assignment to finish, and that's not due until Pennsic, but I should crank out a few more blanks, just to keep busy. I have no personal challenge, other than the I.33 one, at the moment. I do want to reproduce all 64 pages of I.33, but I have no time frame in which to complete the challenge. All I can do is improve my shading skills and see if I can't learn how to do gilding.

Oh... I forgot, I promised Zofia that I would help out with the Kingdom's backlog. I guess I'm going to crack open that new block of paper sooner than I thought.

1 comment: