Monday, June 15, 2015

Here's Johnny!

Here I am getting an early start. This is for a Pennsic scroll assignment. I have the wording done and now the illumination is complete. I need to scan it, and then calligraph it; I should be done before Pax. I can then hand it over, along with my Pax assignments, and it will no longer be my responsibility. I am a firm believer that the sooner you start on scroll assignments, the sooner you finish them and the more time you have to fix any problems. I've done this design before, so it is like an old friend... Only one who you paint and write on and it's really not like an old friend at all. But, it is an easy pattern with a small color pallet: Dark red, dark blue, gold and white, along with black ink. There is minimum amount of shading on it: solely on the creature at the top, and only enough to give the wings and head a little depth. It took me about three hours to do this scroll, this weekend; I was working on two other scrolls and watching Agents of Shield, and playing with my new cell phone. I was making a photo documentation of the steps that I use to make a scroll and I will create a long post with that process. I'll scan it, tonight, and post it to my Flikr account.

No comments:

Post a Comment