Saturday, May 8, 2021

 

Scroll Text - Award of the Red Pillar - 2021

Barony of the Rising Waters - Service Award

O come all good people of the Land and hear these present letters from Sciath, Baroness of Rising Waters. It has come to my notice the notable service done for myself and for my predecessors and the generous and chivalrous nature of one who is not a member of our Barony that I have been moved to take action. Thus, be it known that I have given by my own hands to our wellbeloved friend ____________ an Award of the Red Pillar and allow them to bear the badge of the said award, to wit, Fieldless a zule gules within and conjoined to an annulet argent, from this day until the world's end without let or hinderence. In witness whereof we have caused to be made these my letters. Witnessed on this day.

based on the "Letters Patents of King Henry the Seventh Granted unto Iohn Cabot and his Three Sonnes, Lewis, Sebastian and Sancius for the the Discouerie of New and Unknowen Lands" and a letter from Henry VII to the dean and chapter of Wells, dated April 9, 1495.

No comments:

Post a Comment