Sunday, October 8, 2017

Not trying to start a scribal war.

Far be it for me to cause trouble.

I started working on some more scroll blanks, today. Yes, more blanks FOR AETHELMEARC! I went through my folder of past designs and I picked out a few that I haven't done in a while, including this one, that I had done quite recently. Now, if y'all have been reading my blog, y'all may recognize this my award winning blog post which can be read here.

Shirin is Susa took my blank, colored it in and did the calligraphy on it for Baron Cormacc. As I had previously posted, I had intended on leaving the image un-colored, but Shirin colored it in and, let me be absolutely clear, did a fantastic job. So, Caleb, y'all might be saying, why are you doing this design again? Are you jealous of Shirin's work? Are you subtlety saying that *you* can to a better job? Are you trying to start scribal smack with this person you've never met before. Is this a passive-aggressive method of saying "how dare someone alter my work"?

First of all, I am not jealous: I am envious. There is a difference. Her calligraphy is awesome and I love the colors she used on my blank. 

Secondly, I think that I can do as good a job as she did, but I have different colors in my head and I want to see how my colors will look. 

I didn't paint in the scroll blank because I I had made a mistake when I inked it and thought that it wouldn't turn out if I had painted it. But she did a great job. So, I re-did the same design, only without the boo-boo and, if all goes well, I should have it painted this week. 

I am interested it seeing how it turns out.

Lastly, am I starting scribal smack? No. No, I am not. Shirin has inspired me to re-visit this blank. I'll post the finished version when I finish it and, with hope, I will receive a high-rez. copy of Baron Cormacc's scroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment