Tuesday, August 1, 2017

It's done.

Sometimes one just has to bite the bullet.

Never again will I do knotwork.... Until I forget how much I hate the style and start working on another image.

Look. Sometimes you either have to just finish the damned scroll or tear it up and throw it away. This scroll had been sitting, half complete, since January. I just finished it off, this evening, just to get it out of the way. I will admit that if it irritated me any further I would have thrown it away.

It's paper and time.

Paper is cheap and I have enough free time that I could have justified setting fire to this half-finished scroll. This scroll wasn't for an assignment: I would have lost nothing had I not finished it. Other than $1.80 for the sheet of paper and a few pennies for the paint that I used.

There comes a time when you have balance your hatred for a particular scroll against the satisfaction of  finishing the damned thing. If the paint had been one iota more persnickety I would have ditched it. But, once I had put down the red and the green, I liked the way that it looked. And, thus, I finished it up.

It's not the best thing I've done this year, but I am happy that I finished it. It will make a nice tourney scroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment