Saturday, December 3, 2016

I keep forgetting that I hate doing knot work

All of them lines and little gaps to fill in.


I should never forget how much I hate doing knot work. It looks so nice but it is such a pain to do. "Oh!" I always say to myself, "That doesn't look that difficult to do." You got to trace the image, ink all of the lines, paint between the lines, paint inside the lines, touch up all of the paint, re-ink all of the lines, et cetera ad nausium. This took three days. In comparison: this one of a page from I,33, took about two hours.



I will admit that once the knot work is done, if I didn't screw it up, does look very nice. It doesn't appear that I made too much of a mess on this 'P'. I judge it to be acceptable. I might touch up the white work, when it is completely dry, though. Or.... I might just leave it alone and not risk screwing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment