Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The name is Blank. Scroll Blank.


Some blank scroll blanks.


My good friend Zosia, this past weekend, suggested that it might be a nice idea for me to scan in some basic borders, before I paint them, so that novice scribes can have examples to work on. This is a nice idea: I do do a lot of scrolls; many of them are simple borders. And I do scan and document what I work on (I said dodo). Normally, when I print out an image so that I can trace it on a lightbox, I stash the paper in a folder once I've completed the scroll. It was a simple matter of going through the folder and pulling out a few examples, tracing and inking them, and then scanning the results. I will do this with any and all scrolls I make that I think would be excellent examples for novices.

I've created a new folder on my flikr page for these new blanks. Any scribe who is looking for something inspiration can download the images, print them out, and paint them however they wish. 

I will, of course, share these images with the AEthelmearc scribal web site as well as any other Kingdom's scribal page. 

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon this, this is a great service and INKS Guild would love to use some if you are willing to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm looking for a challenge for some new scribes during the COVID lockdown, and I'll be sending them to your flickr to see these templates. These will be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete