Monday, July 11, 2016

I think that it held up

New archery target didn't disappoint. 



The dino-face target was brought out to Pax, this past weekend and was parked behind a handful of other pool-noodle targets. The head was worth a bonus 10 point for any hits; only the head, not the body. It was around 25 yards and, in the high winds we had, was swaying back and forth. But, it did catch the arrows that hit it: no blow-throughs. 

The only problem was that the glue that held the head to the body broke after the first couple of hits, so that the head spun when it was hit. I will need to pull out my hot glue gun and fix it. $10 well spent.

==============================================

While I call this a dino-face, it is marketed as a tiger shark, by BJ's. But, dino-face is more fun to say. To deploy, you will need a 1x1" wood stake from any nursery or home repair store. The dino-face  came with a little tail glued to the other end of the noodle. Twist it until it breaks free and pull it out of the noodle. Drive the 1x1" stake into the ground and slide the noodle over the stake. Just hot-glue the face in place so that it will not spin around when hit.

The shot of the shot, above, was made with a 29# recurve at around 25 years in high winds and the arrow did penetrate and stick without a problem.

I think I will keep my eyes open for any clearances on these guys and get a pack of them. I think that BJ's also had some green turtle faces. I think that it would make a nice shoot: take out the carnivores but don't hit the herbivores. Or. Or. Shot the tasty, tasty herbivores before they get eaten by the blue Velociraptors.

No comments:

Post a Comment