Saturday, December 22, 2018

Weird Things Found In Period Manuscripts.

Hey, Babe!

“Are you a beaver? Cuz dam.”

This is from J. Paul Getty Museum, MS. Ludwig XV 3, Folio 78r and it's a centaur gazing at a siren. I found this while looking for diapering patterns. I don't know what the artist's intentions were, but I can only think that the centaur is trying to get his mack on with the douchiest pickup lines imaginable, but she's not interested. 

"Baby, I put the STD is ‘stud’. All I need is ‘U.’"

"I love you five ever, because forever just isn’t enough."

"Are you wearing space pants? Because your ass is out of this world."

"You have nice child-bearing hips."

"If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"

"Your daddy must have been a baker, ’cause you’ve got a nice set of buns."

"My shirt would look great on your bedroom floor. Oh, that's right I don't wear shirts, 'cause they cover up my guns."

"Wanna ride bareback?"

"If I would have known I was going to meet a beautiful lady like you, I would have gone home and taken a shower first!"

"I wish I was your derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves."

Okay, perhaps not that last one. FYI: I have used that one... And it worked. Nerdy girls rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment