Saturday, December 29, 2018

Back In Business

I Need to Learn to Pace Myself.

Ending the year with a trio of scrolls. One back log, one for Ice Dragon, and one for a possible award assignment, also for Ice Dragon. I feel no need to do 30 at a time, but I am of the opinion that as long as you have your paints out, you might as well work on a few at a tine. I put down a coat of gold on the first scroll, and by the time I finish with the 3rd, the 1st is ready for a 2nd coat. 

I'm on the some new meds for my arthritis and it appears to be helping: my hands weren't hurting after an hour of painting, or shaking. I took it slow, today, so that I didn't over do it. 

The scroll, above, is a backlog for a friend who was awarded her AoA 27 years ago, but never received it due to reasons. I asked her if she would like me to make her a replacement and she was delighted. I was pleased that she had recently had arms passed: I told her that if she hadn't had arms submitted in the last 27 years I would have put it on the scroll. "...and raise her to the rank of Lady and command that she visit Our College of Heralds to have Arms unique to her created. No hurry on that: it's not like there is a time limit on this. Anytime in the next 30 years would be fine."

I did have trouble finding the new brush I had purchased a few months ago: I forgot what it looked like.

Also in the picture is Deckster (international cat of mystery) not helping. Not only did he not stick his face or paws into the paint or on the paper, but he snuggled next to me and wasn't bitey... for a change. He's been pretty bitey, this last week, for some reason.  But, while I painting, he was perfect kitty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment