Friday, July 24, 2015

I've uncovered a treasure trove of old documents

I was searching through some old hard drives and came across some old A&S documentation: old as in ten or fifteen years ago. I was intending on posting all of my more recent A&S documentation: I have had similar conversations with people over the last few years, "Something interesting? Yes I have some excellent documentation on that exact thing on my PC, at home. I'll see if I can find it and send it to you." And then promptly forget about it. I figured that if I have it posted here, I can, instead, say, "Something interesting? Yes I have some excellent documentation on that exact thing on my blog; let me give you the address."

I have already posted documentation on red wine, morello wine, my version of the Children of Lir, flying monks, almond milk and other stuff. And I have stuff from recent A&S competitions and articles that were on my current workstation. I just need to format them and find all of the image files. I'm planning on posting documentation on period invisible ink but I can't find the test cards. (Ha ha. They aren't invisible, I just don't remember where I put them) The older files were a complete surprise: I did not even remember doing some of them. And, most of them aren't totally crap: I've learned a lot about documentation in the last decade. I did have to dig through old software to find my copy of Lotus Millennium Suite for Windows 95/2000 in order to read most of the files. Good thing that I'm a pack-rat. So, I'm now looking at stories, poems and A&S projects from a long time ago and I can see that there are few that I would like to revisit.


No comments:

Post a Comment