Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Sometimes you have to leave things alone.

I like how it looks, unfinished.


I just finished this scroll, and when I mean finished, I mean I was going to paint I but I really like how it looks with just ink, so I didn't paint it. Now, the original image (Royal 1 B XI f. 2v ) was unpainted: I was going to paint it in but once I had finished inking over the pencil lines, I thought that it looked nice and that I could not improve it with paint. Also, I had made a couple of mistakes when I inked it; nothing that stands out as just ink lines, but if I had painted it, my mistakes would really stand out.

All I need is to give this to a scribe who can do extremely fine calligraphy (I'm thinking {THAT CALLIGRAPHER YOU LOVE} but anyone who has better penmanship skills than myself can make this look awesome) and it will make a fine scroll for someone in the Kingdom.

Sometimes, a mistake can be left alone and still leave you with something very nice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment