Sunday, July 30, 2017

I keep forgetting that I hate knotwork

I must remember to never do it.

It's like egg foo young: I hate it. It's the texture of the over-cooked eggs. I avoid it, but every 7 or 8 years I order it at a take-away place, eat one bite and suddenly remember how much I hate it.

I do the same thing with knotwork: I forget that I hate doing it; I find an image that looks nice; trace it on nice paper; ink it; and start painting. Then half way through painting, the internal screaming starts. "Arrrrgh! Why the hell did I start this stupid thing?" All of them lines. It's enough to drive a scribe mad. Sometimes the screaming starts when I'm penciling or inking in the lines.

Now, I like how knotwork looks, when it's complete; but I hate doing it.

I been working on this scroll, off and on, for the last 3 months. At this point, I just want to finish it and get rid of it.

And I just noticed how big I made the 'D'. I didn't leave much space for words. Perhaps I'll use it as a tourney scroll. Something that doesn't require much in the way of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment