Friday, November 22, 2013

New scroll assignment

I received a new scroll assignment. As of this post, the illumination is complete and the calligraphy will be done tonight. I am a firm believer that it is better to get these assignments done as far in advance as possible. That way there is plenty of time to fix any issues.



Of course, I can't mention who it is for; wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.
The full image can be found at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/calebreynolds/10987804726/

The scroll is Arches 100% cotton, 140# hot-press watercolor paper. I prefer getting the blocks of paper over loose sheets. This scroll is 9x12". I use gouache: Reeves for colors and Holbein for the gold. I used bright crimson for the body and trimmed it with dark red. I inked all of the borders and then added the white down the middle of the dark red trim and for the scales.

No comments:

Post a Comment