Sunday, February 16, 2020

Things you probably should not put on a scroll

Unless You Really, Really Want To

The image is of the aftermath of the battle between King Arthur and Mordred's armies on Salisbury Plain. 

You should never use it as an SCA scroll, unless you really want to.



This will be the tourney scroll for a speed tourney at an upcoming event. I'm not happy with my white work, particularly on the blue, but I'm not going to mess with it and make it worse. 

I am happy with how it turned out. All the while I was working, on this scroll, I hated it. It didn't look good. I didn't think it was going to work out. I had to do it twice: the first one was ruined by an errant splash of dumpling sauce. I didn't think I could remove the stains without damaging the paper. Remember, it's only paper and time. If I think I can remake the scroll in less time than I would use to fix it, I'm going to remake the scroll. 

In any case, I thought this was a complete waste, while I was working on it. The blue was giving me issues. The mail looked like a hodgepodge of a mess. It wasn't until I had finished the white work that my inner critic shut the hell up. 

Although, if I must be honest. I really messed up on the upper most horse. Either it has a very bad overbite or someone chopped it's lower jar off. Or, perhaps it was something more sinister. 






No comments:

Post a Comment