Thursday, November 28, 2019

I bought a new buckler

I bought a new buckler

 I had to stop by Wegman's (a big supermarket chain in New York) and I found this by the front door. It's a plastic shield that came with a snowball maker/launcher.

WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE THESE WHEN I WAS A KID?

Not that it would have been useful down in Texas. But still.

It's barely legal, size-wise, for AEthelmearc's Rapier rules, and I don't think that it will stand up to heavy rapier combat. I might spray-paint it green and black, to match my Barony's colors, and donate it to our youth rapier loaner pool.


It's strapped nicely: the straps are stretchy and I was able to get my fat arm through them while I was wearing a hoodie. I prefer a single handle, when I fence, 'cause I am a fan of I.33, but it's not uncomfortable to wield. 

Again, this probably not last long against heavy rapier, but against foils? It should be good enough for kids. $12.95 is a good deal for something that made be giggle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment