Thursday, February 21, 2019

More fencers

This Challenge Is Taking Years

12 pages into my I.33 challenge. I want to make a scroll based on all 64 pages of I.33, the world's oldest, known sword-fighting manuscript. At this rate, it'll take me another ten years to complete. The image, below, will be one of the scrolls for this year's Ice Dragon two-person melee tourney. This will be for person A and person B will get a scroll inspired by another page of the manuscript. 

I am doing each page using the same color combination, although I have been using less paint, so the images look different. Less intense. 


I've used this manuscript for mostly tourney scrolls, although I have done a couple of AoA level award scrolls. The images are easy to draw and I like how they look. I have high-res copies of the original pages. To keep from duplicating any pages, I have a folder with all of the pages, and a sub-folder with the completed pages. Once I print out the page I wish to work on (so that I can trace it) I move that file into the sub-folder. This way I know what I have done and haven't done. I don't do them in order: I just pick a random image. Also, several of the pages have damage to them and I think that I will save them for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment