Thursday, May 31, 2018

A New Pen

I approve!

At War Practice, this year, I managed to make it to the scribal pavilion. A lady, who also attended, showed off her new glass dip pen. I never heard of such a thing. The lady, whose name I forgot four seconds after I was introduced (no disrespect to her, I'm just bad at names), let me try out her pen. I liked it. And I bought my own.

I found one on Amazon for about $10, and it showed up today. I was a bit worried because it is a glass pen, but it came in a really nice box.



This coffin is where my new pen is going to live. Like the lady's at War Practice, this pen was comfortable to hold. And pens are rarely comfortable for me: I've been dealing with RA for most of my life and gripping pens normally cause pain within a minute. This guy, no pain while I was farting around with it.

Now, the reason why the nice lady showed me her pen was because I had said that I do "kalligrafy" because my handwriting is so bad and that the finer the pen, the neater I can write. I had said that I would use a crow quill pen more if they could hold more ink. (I hate the fact that I have to dip the pen every 3rd or 4th letter). She then handed over her glass pen for me to try and told me that it hold a lot of ink.


So, here is the tip. The grooves spiral around the tip and holds a lot of ink and, get this, it doesn't drip and it's easy to clean.


Speaking of easy to clean, here's Deckster not helping me test my new pen.

I wasn't using all of that paper.

Currently he's chasing a twist-tie around my feet while I type this.


Here is my test of a single dip. This pen hold more ink than any of my calligraphy nibs and all of my crow quill nibs, combined. And, there was still ink left on the pen. I could get it to splatter if I whipped the pen, but normal shaking and moving did not cause any messes.

The pen also came with a glass rest to hold the pen up away from the paper. $10 well spent. I can't wait until my next assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment