Saturday, March 17, 2018

A well behaved cat

Look, he's not helping.


Meet Deckster. My new housemate. I've had him for the last week, and this evening I sat down to work on some scrolls. Deckster didn't try to help. He sat next to me and napped. He didn't stick his nose into the paint. He didn't go after the brush. He didn't sit on the paper. He just kept me company. 

What a nice cat. I didn't do scribal when I last lived with a cat and I've heard of "horror" stories from my friends relating to their cats and their scribal work (paw prints, spilled water, fur). Mistress Ekat told me that one of her cats ruined my peerage scroll that she (Ekat) was working on. Deckster doesn't appear to be interested in anything other than company and my body heat; as long as I sit still.



No comments:

Post a Comment