Sunday, January 29, 2017

Halfway done

Welp, my scribal class at yesterday's College of Three Ravens was not a failure. I was told that I did not sound like a complete idiot. And, I spent the day finishing up the text for my Ice Dragon Pent research paper: On the Correlation Between String Cheese and the Mongol Invasion of Barcelona.  I'm going to end the first draft at 13,000 words and start formatting it in Adobe InDesign.

I got a good deal completed, today; so much so that I rewarded myself with a trip to Dickie's for some descent Texas BBQ. Dickie's is a Dallas chain of BBQ fast food and it's pretty good... Not as good as Rudy's, Saltlick or Pappa's, but Dallas isn't the home of the greatest BBQ in Texas. And.... I'm half a country away from the nearest Rudy's or any other counter BBQ joints. Oh well.  We must all make sacrifices.

At next year's Three Ravens, I might teach a class on how to make my award winning Medieval Lemonade. Baroness Katja taught a hands-on class on making pie crusts: I could do the same sort of thing. I have a year to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment