Friday, November 18, 2016

I feel the need.... the need to smear

Starting another three scrolls.


I haven't touched any scrolls in a while. I haven't had any assignments and I've been in such a blue funk that I just haven't had any desire to do anything. The other day, I found a nice image online that sparked my desire to make an artistic mess. However, I was too down, and too lazy, to print out the image so that I could trace it. So, to work myself up for it, I pulled out three images that I have done in the past, and started working on them, tonight.

Just a side note, if you trace your images, like myself, keep the images so that you can do them again. I have a couple of interoffice envelopes filled with every design that I've done, ones I haven't done, and ones that I've screwed up but might want to try again, later.


I like to work on multiple scrolls at once; that way I can keep busy while the paint dries. I like to start off with gold, 'cause it's shiny. No other reason.

I think that I might paint half of a Golden Alce on the shield in the 'R'. I still don't have any assignments, but I might get one for a Golden Alce and it's nice to have blanks on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment