Friday, September 16, 2016

Some more notes on scribal work

"I fear the Achaeans, even when they bear gifts."


This past Tuesday, at our Baronial Scribal Guild meeting, Baroness Julianna handed out some blank note cards and asked for help illuminating them for Their Majesties and Highnesses use as thank you notes. Honestly, I never even thought about thank you notes as a tool for practicing illumination. What a great idea! Small pieces of work that can be done in an hour. And, one can use the same image multiple times. 


This is a nice way to practice on simple images and play with colors. Above is the same design, only I swapped the red and blues around. I might do the same thing only with green and yellow. I highly recommend, now, that any new scribes that might read this blog, to get some nice note cards and start painting some simple designs. Simple initials and borders with plenty of blank space for the note. Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Barons, Baroness, Seneschals and autocrats can always make use of thank you cards.

I think, after the next few weeks of events, that I will put together some blank images designed just for thank you notes. I do have a few sheets left to do... One of them will be a shark in a jaunty hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment