Friday, October 16, 2015

Approaching 250 scrolls


Three more scrolls penciled in and inked. These three scrolls, and one other not in the picture, will make my 246th, 247th, 248th and 249th pieces of illumination since I started doing scrolls in 2011. The four scrolls I'm working on are all ones that I've done before. I kinda of want the 250th to be something I've never done before, although I don't know what to do. I do need to do another page from I.33 but I want # 250 to be special. Perhaps something on pergamenta. I have enough images saved that I can pick and choose what I want to do, but I'm having trouble getting motivated. The drop in temperature has set off my arthritis and I'm only working for ten minutes at a time with these scrolls. Whatever design I choose for my sestercentennial scroll blank I want it to be the culmination of four years of practice and learning. Perhaps I'll ask for an assignment for Kingdom 12th night and kick off the new year with that special scroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment