Sunday, April 20, 2014

A is for Axes, which we throw very hard.

I have completed the first scroll in my Alphabet Challenge. The first one is based on the The Hunterian Psalter (f101r) and will be used for the thrown weapons champion for my Barony (Rhydderich Hael).


Here the layout is complete and I have started to ink over the pencil lines. I was working on this scroll on my couch next to the bin which holds my vitamins and meds. Not everything in that bin is medication.

Inking is complete.


Here I have started to fill in the image. I normally start with gold because it is persnikerty. I used Reeves gouache for colors and Holbein for the gold.


Here is the image almost complete. The paint is down and dry and I am about to start the final inking and whitework.The finished image can be found at my Flikr page. I will start the calligraphy as soon as I think up some words.

No comments:

Post a Comment